Thursday, September 25, 2008

The poem I wrote, by William Webb

Hi, all you blog readers, and welcome back to the Blogger's boy's blog. A few days ago I wrote a poem that my parents said was very good. Let's have your say about the poem:

Sirens sound,
The Wind calls,
For the myths,
From the Forgotten Halls,
The Clock of Time,
Heads back,
From the pain,
It did wrack,
Facing the End for now,
Turning away,
I do not know how,
In the Dungeons of War,
It brought Peace,
That is when the battles will cease,
To the centre of Famine,
It brought Plenty,
But more to do,
So it sent Thee,
To the green sides of Pestilence,
To bring the Box of Health,
To heal,
The horrible self,
To the heart of Death,
Bringing Life in tow,
So that is the End,
Waiting for Nature to grow,
Remember this now as you lie in Peace,
You cannot avoid the idea,
That your Life must cease.

Thank you for reading my poem. I hope I see you next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Billy,

I enjoyed your poem and was very impressed.Keep it up, and enjoy your birthday.
love from Auntie Linda xx

hartley said...

.....having trouble with my blogging account and not sure if you got the previous message...we thought your poem was fantastic with most amazing combinations of words....Belated happy birthday..you look like a very mature ten year old....Can we have a treasure hunt at Christmas and an update on Pete? Lots of love, The Hartleys xxxxx